Saturday, November 27, 2010

In Her Own Words. . .

Life has changed so much.  I am going to have to stop my shopping at will since I no longer am working.  My meager check that I do get has to help with bills for a while.  Things will get back to normal eventually.  I just need to be patient.  Like my hair.  The nurse said it would fall out right after the firt chemo session.  She said to go ahead and cut it.  I did and grieved big time.  I still have my short hair.  Now it is supposed to fall out after the next chemo session. I will get to grieve again. However,  I AM VERY happy to have had more time with my hair.  A silly little thing, but something that made me smile and not cry.  I have a wonderful family, the kindest friends and great doctors---all of whom believe I will get better.  So when Donald and I are up nights, I give thanks for them. Thanks for your support and prayers.

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment